Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published nor is it before another journal for consideration; or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor.
- All identifying author information has been removed from the submission file. This includes any author names, affiliations, and/or other identifying information.
- The author's name has been removed from the document's 'Properties', which in Microsoft Word is found in the 'File' menu.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, WordPerfect or equivalent Open Source document file format.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.ubc.ca) are activated and ready to click. No URLs are presented as footnotes.
- Images are provided in .jpg, .png or .tif format.
- The paper has been formatted using the Journal template, which can be download from here.
- A 100 word abstract and a short biography of the author has been prepared (but not included in the submission file).
- The Journal accepts up to three orders of headings. Indicate clearly the status of your heading by using a 16-point font for the Title of the article, 14-point font for the title of the section and 12-point font for the subtitle of the section, all in bold.
- The paper has an extension of up to 8000 words, besides abstract, references and annexes.
Copyright NoticeAll material submitted to the Journal of Community Informatics is protected by and subject to the Creative Commons Public License "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5". Subject to the following conditions, all material submitted to the Journal of Community Informatics may be freely copied, distributed, or displayed, or modified:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
See the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License for complete details.